Internal Communication, Manager
TITLE: HR Communications, Manager
LOCATION: Chicago, Indianapolis
CNO Communications is hiring a HR Communications Manager that will be responsible for overall direction and leadership of various communication projects and initiatives that are critical to the HR areas to improve on their strategic goals.
This is your opportunity to be apart of the overall HR commutation strategic goals.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive annual communication plan to support HR initiatives and programs
- Assist in enabling our culture shift by leveraging effective and innovative communication platforms
- Serves primarily as a relationship manager to key HR Areas and partners with internal subject matter experts to develop communication plans for all key HR programs and initiatives that includes metrics for desired engagement and education results
- Update and maintain HR intranet content and format to optimize the site and support HR strategic initiatives
- Partner with Corporate Communications and other internal departments on associate communications involving organizational and cultural events
- Ensures all HR Communications are consistent and aligned with CNO’s corporate brand identity and strategic direction, business philosophies and general practices.
- Assist with HR event planning for communication and web broadcasts
- Manages creative resources (writing, design, production, and delivery) to optimize results while managing cost and on-time delivery of communication projects.
- Monitor and measure results of communication campaigns to achieve desired metrics for success
- Strong knowledge of Communication principles and practices, particularly as it pertains to HR.
- Working knowledge or previous exposure to HR disciplines such as Compensation, Employee Benefits and Well-being, Diversity and Inclusion, Development and Training, Recruiting, Performance Management, Employee Relations, and/or Organizational Communications is ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with portfolio samples
- Proven success developing, creating and managing internal employee communications campaigns with measurable results.
- Strong resource management, prioritization, organizational and project management skills
- Skilled at managing relationships, especially with senior leaders
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office Suite, and other web and email applications
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective, timely messaging and build integrated internal communication plans across all communication vehicles
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communication, English, or other related discipline is required; or equivalent.
- Typically requires a minimum of five years of experience in Corporate/Internal Communications.
Job Grade: Manager
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]