Pega Lead Systems Architect
As the Pega Lead System Architect on the IT Application delivery team, you will act as a lead for system architects. This includes customizing best practices for designing and building Pega solutions. Your focus is to oversee Pega development design principles. You will serve a Pega system subject matter expert and will ensure system and application functionality align to business goals, objectives, and vision and work within high limits and authority on assignments requiring high technical complexity and coordination.
- As a Pega subject matter expert this role will lead other system architects. Customizing best practices for designing and building Pega solutions. Oversees Pega development design principles.
- Ensures system and application functionality align to business goals, objectives, and vision,
- Works closely with project teams and business areas to ensure that the technical architecture of the delivered solution matches the client’s requirements.
- Configures Pega Platform (or) product (or) tool in the construction phase including complex integrations between systems and the development of complex automated activities.
- Ensures adherence to PEGA development design principles, and guardrails.
- Creates and evolves enterprise policies and standards.
- Drives creation of Central Asset Repository; defines best practices and processes around designing and building reusable assets. Reviews and certifies reusable assets for inclusion into the Central Asset Repository.
- Acts as a team lead and liaison for large projects with high visibility within the function.Leads and has accountability for offshore PEGA development team.
- Drives test strategy and development and serves as lead consultant to ensure alignment to business goals, objectives, and vision.
- Performs on-going analysis for input into future looking strategy and technologies.
- Provides in-depth technical consultation to clients and IT management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Senior level knowledge/understanding of computer engineering, computer science, and IT fundamentals.
- Senior level knowledge of object-oriented techniques and principles, the system development life cycle, system and application program development, technical alternatives, and architecture methodologies for multi-platform environments.
- In-depth and expert knowledge of PEGA BPM platform and Case Management. .
- Senior level knowledge of a variety of technologies including but not limited to WebSphere, WebLogic, J2EE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, Java), .Net, Oracle, DB2, and MS/SQL.
- Strong knowledge of Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Pega out of the box features - GetNext, SLAs, assignments, routing, work queues.
- Strong knowledge of Pega DCO capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of Pega out of the box reporting capabilities, BIX, delegated rules.
- In depth understanding of IT Methodology & DCO tools and techniques.
- Solves highly complex problems that have a high impact on the job function.
- Requires good analytical skills to analyze situations qualitative information in new or complicated situations.
- Requires a high level of communication and diplomacy skills to direct, persuade, and influence others, particularly at senior levels within the function.
- Has a good understanding of the business and has commercial awareness as it pertains to the insurance industry.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or in related disciple; or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred.
- Typically requires at least eight years of related experience.
- Proven experience customizing best practices for designing and building Pega solutions.
- Experience leading and executing unit and user acceptance testing.
- Object oriented (OO) experience required.
- Pega Certified Lead Systems Architect (CLSA) required.
*This position is based in Carmel, IN and is not a remote position. Qualified candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Carmel, IN or be willing to relocate*
* At CNO Financial Group, we welcome the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of all to enable us to work together for the growth of the company
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)