Systems Analysis Consultant
Under limited direction, the Systems Analysis Consultant participates in and/or leads the system design requirements for the complex and critical systems within Corporate Financial Systems. He/she will serve as a consultant and ‘go to’ person for key system knowledge in their technology domain and will provide systems expertise on multiple (typically up to ten) business areas. A Systems Analysis Consultant is an effective communicator and fluent in business requirements gathering. He/she can lead translation of business requirements to delivered technical functionality and will serve as a liaison for scoping, estimation and solutioning of new systems or system enhancements for Corporate Systems.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Under limited direction, participates in and/or leads the system design requirements for the complex and critical systems in their area.
- Independently evaluates complex system requests to define the scope, sizing and requirements to implement.
- Serves as a consultant and ‘go to’ person for key system knowledge in their technology domain.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business solutions and business requirements.
- Works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, organize, evaluate and validate requirements for changes to systems.
- Documents detailed system requirements for new and existing systems.
- Reviews business requirements with various business and technology stakeholders.
- Holds requirements gathering sessions, capturing meeting minutes, following up on action items, reporting project status, and ownership of project documentation.
- Trains, mentors, and acts as a technical resource for colleagues with less experience such as System Analysts and Sr System Analysts.
- Performs hands-on activities to develop, tune, maintain, and support nightly processing, reporting, and query capabilities to ensure a high performing system.
- Collaborates with project members to develop and model specifications, diagrams and flowcharts.
- Serves as a primary consultant on systems serving large and complex projects.
- Recommends new system functionality and typically leads upgrade planning; performs major system enhancements and supports new product development.
- Uses a high degree of technical acumen to troubleshoot systems and system clusters.
- Able to step in and lead relatively complex triage groups.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of IT systems and corresponding business applications.
- Strong knowledge of various organizational functions, customers, and their processes to lead successful system implementations.
- Strong knowledge of general technology concepts i.e. applications, databases, browsers, etc.
- Strong understanding of architecture standards and ability support those directions with solutioning.
- Strong and solid understanding of computing concepts and paradigms (i.e. web-based app, integrations, networking, etc.)
- Strong customer service focus and attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to IT and business leaders to support decision making; works to build consensus.
- Ability to act as a technical thought leader in a critical business application area.
- Adept at conducting research into system and technology related issues independently to identify potential resolutions and implement desired resolution.
- Solid technical knowledge of IT business systems (including corresponding applications) and how they integrate with corresponding business area supported.
- Ability to build on knowledge of the organization, its processes, and customers to provide recommendations regarding system solutions.
- Analyzes and solves complex business problems.
- Works as a collaborative part of the project team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology is required; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five to seven years of related work experience as a systems analyst, business analyst, programmer, etc.
- Prior experience working with a large delivery team supporting and developing mission critical applications is required.
- Insurance industry experience is a plus.
CNO Financial Group is a holding company that provides health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through its family of established insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 5,000 exclusive agents and 4,000 independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
*At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]