Program Manager - Operational Risk & Performance Mgt
The Program Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and vision for multiple business and/or technical teams on key initiatives for the enterprise typically involving multiple business units and shared service functions. The initiatives led by this role are primarily focused on driving business value, while optimizing operational and compliance risk to the company. The Project Manager is responsible for directing and managing the largest and most complex multi-year projects, typically up to $5M in scope (but possibly more). This role has mastered multiple project methodologies (Waterfall, Lean/SixSignma, Agile, or hybrids) to direct and deliver programs and projects that are in alignment with broader Functional objectives. This role will typically manage a large team of indirect reports (vendor delivery teams, consultants, and other resources as needed), and may have a small team of direct reports. This role is expected to be highly visible to the functional leadership and is recognized across the CNO organization for his/her thought leadership. Has substantial impact on the short to mid term success (1-3 years) success of his/her program areas.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Accountable for the leadership, management, and direction of the largest and most complex/visible projects at CNO, with budgets of typically up to $5M (and possibly more) and has a high impact to the CNO organization.
2. Serves as a recognized expert and advisor across the CNO organization. Provides leadership and vision to program resources and stakeholders; demonstrates how to effectively execute and deliver on strategy.
3. Leads multiple teams and is highly effective at resource planning and engagement of resource and vendor management in defining staffing needs and providing feedback to build and maintain a high performing team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Operations, or other related field is required; or equivalent.
- Typically requires a minimum of ten years of related experience, with proven project management experience on large and complex projects.
- Typically also requires multiple of following certifications: PMP, Lean, Six Sigma Green Belt, and/or Agile/Scrum Master.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to myHR@CNOinc.com.