Sr. Infrastructure Architect, Network - Remote from any US Eastern or Central time zone location
CNO’s IT team is hiring a Sr. Infrastructure Architect to be responsible for designing and managing the implementation of the future state of our enterprise network.
This is your opportunity to be a part of a forward-thinking company looking to leverage all aspects of our technology estate to grow our business and provide exceptional service to our associates and customers.
As a Sr. Infrastructure Architect, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all network and related technologies and solutions including but not limited to switching, routing, VPN, firewalls, load balancing and corporate campus locations as well as field offices throughout the country.
- Lead the networking components of our multi-year journey to Cloud.
- Develop roadmaps for the evolution of the infrastructure from current to future state.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend various technologies for approval based on an understanding of current business requirements.
- Facilitate improved delivery of proposed solutions by identification and documentation of technical and architecture technology requirements to be executed by our third-party partner in a timely, cost effective, and integrated fashion.
- Solve implementation challenges while encouraging adherence to architectural standards.
- Analyze industry and market trends and determine their potential benefit to the enterprise.
- Document all architecture design and analysis work.
- Collaborate with business partners, software engineers, technology and operations leadership to advance business outcomes and architectural concerns.
- Collaborate and manage third-party vendors and the Managed Services team to develop and implement technology enabled roadmaps.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software/hardware product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
The Sr. Infrastructure Architect position is well-suited for you if you have the following skills:
- Senior level knowledge of routing and switching technologies including but not limited to: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, VRF-Lite, MPLS
- Senior level knowledge of switching and routing products including: Cisco NX OS, Cisco CAT OS and Cisco IOS software
- Cisco ACI experience is a required skillset
- Senior level knowledge of security products including F5, Palo Alto FW, Fortinet FW and Pulse Secure VPN
- Senior level knowledge of Azure (IaaS networking) and similar cloud connectivity solutions
- Experience with Fortinet SD-WAN technologies
- Strong working familiarity with network monitoring tools: Spectrum, Gigamon, Splunk, SolarWinds
- Solid knowledge of all components of related technical architectures
- Experience in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of complex networks
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to divide focus among many different projects
- Experience developing and presenting business case collateral to business stakeholders and senior IT leaders
- Able to maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to be successful in an environment with dynamic and sometimes conflicting priorities
- A high level of initiative to seek out ways to improve our overall technology posture
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, or related computing major required, or equivalent experience; Master’s preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience architecting and implementing infrastructure solutions.
- Related industry certifications highly preferred (CCIE, CCNP Security, etc.)
- Azure Foundation certification is preferred
At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial Group offices are reopening in April 2022, and we will be pursuing a hybrid working model. Associates who live within a 60-mile radius of a corporate office (Birmingham, Carmel, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee) will have access to come into that Office up to 2 days/week, and work from home at least 3 days/week. This role is full time work from home (WFH), also known as Remote. This role can be performed from any US based location within the central or eastern time zone. Work cannot be performed from outside of the United States.
CNO provides life and health insurance, annuities, financial services, and workforce benefits solutions through our family of brands and supported by our associates and agents. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 8,600 exclusive agents and independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork. We have offices in more than 260 communities in the U.S., including our headquarters in Carmel, Indiana, and corporate offices in Birmingham, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]