IT Internal Audit Intern - Summer 2022
CNO’s Internal Audit Intern program is designed to provide college students practical, hands-on experience in auditing information technology in the insurance industry.
The IT Internal Audit Intern works as an integrated member of an audit team and is responsible for assisting with the execution of audit procedures, project work, administrative tasks and documenting information. The intern may also assist with other nontechnical & administrative work, as well as the testing of the financial, operational, and information systems controls. The IT Internal Audit Intern interacts with audit team and may have some interaction with business unit personnel and external auditors.
This is a paid internship, at competitive rates.
As an IT Internal Audit Intern, your responsibilities may include:
- Assist in the execution of specific audit procedures
- Prepare work-papers, documenting the audit procedures performed
- Assist in preparation of the written audit reports and memos
- Assist in the performance of follow-up work to determine adequacy of corrective actions taken by management to implement audit recommendations and/or to correct Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) internal control deficiencies
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both oral and written
- Identify matters that should be reviewed and/or escalated to Senior / Manager
At CNO Financial, we believe interns bring new perspectives to existing challenges. The CNO Financial Intern Program gives students an opportunity to learn about CNO and network while doing important work for the organization. This program compliments the learning that each department provides for the students through work and other activities such as
- Leader Talks
- Career Counseling
- Development Opportunities
- Final Presentations
- Department Tour (pending COVID precautions/Hybrid workplace)
- Volunteering Event (pending COVID precautions/Hybrid workplace)
Qualified candidates for an IT Internal Audit Intern position will have:
- Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline
- Current status as a rising junior or rising senior, with anticipated graduation date between December 2022 and June 2024.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Availability to work 10-12 weeks during the summer
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Office products
- Basic understanding of IT security and infrastructure, auditing, risk and internal control, and an interest in pursuing a CISM, CISA, or similar certification
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time in order to complete work timely and accurately
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, initiative, teamwork, and flexibility to assist department in meeting organizational goals
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Please note that the Company does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to these positions or to provide these positions as OPT or CPT.
Due to the pandemic, CNO Financial Group non-essential workers are currently working remotely; however, CNO is pursuing a hybrid working model, which would allow Internal Audit associates access to the office up to 2 days/week. To ensure accessibility to our corporate campuses, we ask that candidates reside within a 90 minute drive of the position location (Carmel, IN or Chicago, IL) OR plan to live within a 90 minute drive of the position location upon graduation.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]