Customer Service Rep
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Handles insureds’ inquires, processes changes and resolves policy problems via telephone and correspondence in compliance with privacy legislation and regulatory requirements while consistently meeting required production and quality standards.
- Maintains knowledge of, and changes to procedures, data systems, and workflows necessary to perform and/or answer questions on policy status, refunds, policy interpretation, processing codes for account adjustment, suspense items, policy cancellations, billing logic, basic accounting, bank billing, and error correction.
- Completes file documentation and daily reports.
- Completes projects and/or other duties as assigned by superiors.
- Researches and resolves inquiries according to procedures and provides timely follow-up.
- Develops, maintains and utilizes conservation procedures.
- May be required to work overtime during peak periods.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills coupled with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent keyboarding accuracy and speed
- Comfortable operating a computer, including navigating within both Windows and mainframe environments
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Natural ability for customer service and a passion for customer satisfaction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, phone etiquette and a professional demeanor
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required
- Typically, up to two years of related work experience required
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Experience in using research tools helpful, e.g. MOLI system and FileNet
- Insurance courses helpful (LOMA, HIAA, CLU)
CNO Financial Group is a holding company that provides health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through its family of established insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 5,000 exclusive agents and 4,000 independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]