Systems Analysis Consultant Remote from any US Eastern or Central time zone location
CNO’s IT team is hiring a Systems Analysis Consultant to be responsible for collaborating across application clusters and domains to elicit and document Business and Functional requirements, defining technical solutions in support of strategic business capabilities and aligned with IT application roadmaps. Systems Analysis Consultant is expected to have a full competency of the Business functions and applications supported by a single application cluster.
As a Systems Analysis Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and completing the scoping of large, complex requests
- Understanding the strategic direction of the domain and align functional solutions to achieve that direction
- Contributing to and complying with the policies and procedures defined by the Competency Center
Elicit and document Business and Functional Requirements from stakeholder, Business and IT.
- Decomposing requirements into complete, correct, feasible, necessary, prioritized, unambiguous, and verifiable statements.
- Demonstrating analytical thinking skills by breaking down complex problems or processes, identifying causes and effects patterns, and analyzing problems to arrive at an appropriate solution.
- Simplifying complex problems into smaller, logical, and manageable activities.
- Designing and articulating solutions for identified Business Requirements
- Building and maintaining relationships with key business and IT partners within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Systems Analysis Consultant position is well-suited for you if you have experience in:
- Planning tasks associated with business analysis and the software development lifecycle (waterfall, iterative, Agile).
- Stakeholder Analysis to identify the stakeholders who will be impacted by the change and understand their influence and authority levels.
- Facilitation skills for meeting management, and requirements workshop planning and management.
- Elicitation techniques to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder’s needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to an understanding of the business need.
- Communicating requirements including the use of presentation skills and the ability to create a requirements package.
- Organizational analysis to identify current capabilities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, negotiation, and business skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within the company and business community.
- Manage requirements to understand the requirements change process, and traceability.
- Utilizing various modeling techniques such as process modeling, data modeling, system modeling.
- Writing requirements using different approaches such as use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams.
- Understanding interface analysis through technology infrastructure and interconnects enabling data sharing to achieve a business goal.
- Ability to adapt to change and manage competing demands.
- Understanding of middleware technologies used for handling data management, messaging, application services and API management. Prior experience with data interchange format including JSON and XML is a big plus.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across IT, Infrastructure, and Business teams.
- Experienced with supporting enterprise corporate systems from a System Analysis aspect
- Ability to work on multiple projects including companywide initiatives
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience as a SA or similar role.
- Strong experience utilizing multiple requirements elicitation techniques.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other business-related software
- Ability to work with a virtual and remote international team
At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial Group offices are reopening in April 2022, and we will be pursuing a hybrid working model. Associates who live within a 60-mile radius of a corporate office (Birmingham, Carmel, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee) will have access to come into that Office up to 2 days/week, and work from home at least 3 days/week. This role is full time work from home (WFH), also known as Remote. This role can be performed from any US based location within the central or eastern time zone. Work cannot be performed from outside of the United States.
CNO provides life and health insurance, annuities, financial services, and workforce benefits solutions through our family of brands and supported by our associates and agents. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 8,600 exclusive agents and independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork. We have offices in more than 260 communities in the U.S., including our headquarters in Carmel, Indiana, and corporate offices in Birmingham, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]