40|86 Advisors, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNO Financial Group, is hiring a Full Stack Developer who is a strong developer with JAVA/J2EE experience. The Full Stack Developer is a multifaceted role that will have exposure to front-office, Mobile App technologies and business users as well as providing architectural recommendations to senior systems staff. This position involves architecting/implementing solutions based on systems analysis.
As a Full Stack Developer, your responsibilities will include:
- Build the 4086 organization's applications. Work with other developers using technologies (such as Java, Java Script, React, PL/SQL, Flutter, NodeJS, etc.) to develop the front and back end of applications.
- Assist in the develop high performing applications that will be used by all 4086 departments.
- Working alongside the manager to build the organization's Mobile capabilities.
- Architect and develop high performing Mobile applications.
- Offering expertise, and guidance to other developers.
- Conducting consistent and thorough code-reviews to ensure high quality, performant code.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with project managers, senior managers, and developers.
- End-to-end ownership of projects from discovery through production deployment.
- Working with backend developers to assist in the modeling of mobile APIs.
- Converting product requirements into technical recommendations.
- Mile stoning projects and provide accurate time estimates & technical recommendations.
- Committing to continuous learning, including, but not limited to, training sessions or seminars related to the assigned role.
The Full Stack Developer position is well-suited for you if you:
- Are highly motivated and be self-directed with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Break down and prioritize work independently with limited guidance or oversight.
- Identify challenges and risks to the completion of work and effectively communicate those to the manager.
- Hold strong communication skills, systematic problem solving and the ability to work with a team are also required.
- Possess knowledge of functional & object-oriented design patterns, when to use them, and how to implement them.
Qualified candidates will have
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2-4 Years of experience as Full Stack Java developer
- Experience developing native mobile applications using React Native and/or Flutter.
- Mobile applications deployed to the Apple App Store and/or Google Play Store using React Native and/or Flutter.
- Proficient with Java and PL/SQL
- Experience with state management libraries such as redux.
40|86 Advisors, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNO Financial Group, is a fixed income investment advisor with its roots in the Midwest. The firm manages over $26 billion (as of December 31, 2019) in public corporate debt securities, taxable municipal bonds, emerging market securities, high yield bonds, government bonds, mortgage related securities, privately placed debt securities, commercial mortgages, and bank loans.
CNO Financial Group is a holding company that provides health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through its family of established insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 5,000 exclusive agents and 4,000 independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]