IT Security Consultant
The IT Security Consultant will be a member of the Security Operations Center (SOC) team and operate at a Tier 3 Analyst level. This role includes a wide range of cyber security responsibilities including alert triage, security use case development and implementation, proactive threat hunting, forensic analysis, and incident response. This role will handle escalations from Tier 1 and Tier 2 Analysts while providing them with ongoing technical guidance and support. Must have a willingness to learn new things and continue professional development through training and certification processes. This position will require participation in an on call rotation for incident response efforts.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Triage escalations from Tier 1 and Tier 2 analysts across various security monitoring platforms
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms an actionable incident
- Formally develop, implement and maintain a repository of security use cases
- Provide forensic analysis related to security investigations or incidents, as needed
- Participate in threat hunting activities and “deep dive” analysis
- Investigate and provide log analysis expertise for ad hoc security concerns raised by external teams
- Continuously identify opportunities for further improvement and automation of processes
- Provide recommendations for countermeasure implementations that enhance our security posture
- Open Source Intellligence (OSINT) collection
- Technical writing (in a limited capacity)
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of incident response processes and procedures (to include forensic analysis)
- Ability to monitor and respond to cyber security incidents using expertise and knowledge of databases, networks, hardware, firewalls, encryption, various operating systems, TCP/IP protocols, etc.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies, processes, and technical security solutions
- Must be self-motivated and willing to work collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task and quickly pivot between various daily operational tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure on time sensitive issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Dedication to continued professional development
- Must demonstrate professionalism and courtesy in all interactions
- Ability to work extended hours to resolve active security incidents
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- At least one security related certification
- Security+, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA preferred
- 2+ years working in or directly with members of a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Real-world incident response experience
- Forensic analysis training and/or experience
CNO Financial Group is a holding company that provides health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through its family of established insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 5,000 exclusive agents and 4,000 independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
*At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]