Sr. Data Architect - Analytics
The Sr. Data Architect - Analytics role develops and provides strategic direction to the enterprise for Data Analytics. This role will be responsible for leading and creating the Analytics community, involving key personnel from many business areas to provide input and guidance as well as align to broader Data Management & Delivery strategy and roadmap. Facilitates regular sessions with business leaders and understands challenges and opportunities to be able to develop the Enterprise Data Analytics strategy. Has a specialized depth of expertise in Reporting & Analytics and serves as an advisor within the IT Organization.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Creates alignment across the enterprise for Data Analytics that furthers enterprise objectives.
- Recommends and implements Data Analytics practices and technology choices.
- Has the tools to enable and expand data analytics usage across the enterprise.
- Facilitates alignment and drives Data Analytics best practices across the enterprise, creating a Data and Analytics community.
- Identifies challenges and opportunities with Data Analytics and recommending solutions that help mitigate challenges.
- Maintains strong awareness of the security, privacy, ethics and quality requirements for critical data entities.
- Drives common processes to enable better visibility and access to CNO Data to enable usage to drive business decisions.
- Works collaboratively within IT as well as within the many business areas.
- Stays current with Data Analytics technology (IE artificial intelligence, machine learning etc..) providing key insights to CNO leaders.
- Grows and supports business relationships to help them align and support the vision.
- Builds relationships with external experts and other IT organizations to maintain knowledge of technology advancements and trends.
- Manages the Site Administration functions of Tableau Server and Alteryx Server as a point of contact for application users.
- Continue to build community engagement within the analytics users in the area of providing training materials and technical support.
- Reviews and validates advanced analytic models produced by consultants and CNO staff.
- Designs and develops advanced analytic models for use by CNO.
- Develops, reviews and supports visualizations, dashboards and reports developed by CNO staff and consultants (i.e., Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.).
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of core enterprise data concepts and technologies: warehouses, ETL technologies, OLTP data stores, multiple RDBMSs Solid grounding in enterprise data architecture principles and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of data architecture, integration, and databases.
- Ability to lead others in achieving common design.
- Proven system analysis experience.
- Ability to lead and communicate across all levels of the business to support common goals and approaches.
- Strong ability to lead business analysts and data stewards to assess if the model is fit for use.
- Strong ability to balance short-term vs. long-term and strategic vs. tactical requirements while moving forward with overall vision.
- Ability to define and execute the data strategy and vision in alignment with Business goals.
- Strong ability to collaborate with Integration Architects, Solution Architects and other Data Architects to support common goals and approaches.
- Strong ability to collaborate with Systems or Data Analysts and Data Stewards to assess if the data architecture/model is fit for use.
- In depth knowledge of conceptual, logical and physical modeling, especially for rationalizing data objects.
- Strong system analysis experience.
- Ability to lead information architects, content architects, data architects and support common goals and approaches to achieve alignment.
- Most often interacts within immediate business area or subfunction, and some VPs.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; strong time and resource management skills.
- Has a strong understanding of the latest developments or changes of market conditions in the industry. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and other business-related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, in a related discipline, or equivalent; Master’s preferred.
- Typically has at least ten years of related work experience in data architecture, with demonstrated progression in responsibility.
- Experience leading technical teams is preferred.
- Experience in Conceptual, logical and physical data modeling, especially for rationalizing data objects.
- Experience working as a member of large integrated teams solving multi domain problems.
- Experience interacting with and influencing executive audiences CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional), CDP (Certified Data Professional), or CBIP (Certified Business Intelligence Professional) certifications preferred. Microsoft Azure Cloud exposure such as PowerBI, Azure Analysis Services, Data Factory, Azure Sql Database, Azure Synapse
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]