The Data Analyst understands the sources of CNO data, how it relates to the application clusters and business areas. The Data Analyst provides the business access to someone who can help define what the data is, how to assemble it in a meaningful way and what simple trends & initial insights they have found. Understanding these simple trends and insights can assist the business in building reports that will capture the domain's behavior. The Data Analyst will identify opportunities to further improve the quality of available data. They will work with the developers to stage the requested data, once staged, they will profile the data and then work with the business to understand the data.
Next, the Data Analyst will work with the Data Governance Council to apply the CNO standardized terminology through transformations. These transformations will be captured by the Data Analyst in the CURe mapping documents.
- Profiling, cleaning, mapping and analyzing data
- Complete the scoping of straight-forward requests to stage source data
- Contribute to and comply with the policies and procedures defined by the Enterprise Data Governance Council.
- Convert Business Requirements from Stakeholder, Business and IT into mapping documents
- Perform Data Validation to confirm mappings are complete and align with the business requirements.
- Demonstrate analytical thinking skills by breaking down complex problems or processes, identifying causes and effects patterns, and analyzing problems to arrive at an appropriate solution.
- Simplify complex problems into smaller, logical and manageable activities.
- Research application and data technology issues to identify potential resolutions, up to and including initial requirements to support development activities. Organize, prioritize and execute tasks balancing multiple high visibility and priority projects.
- Elicitation techniques to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder’s needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to an understanding of the business need.
- Communicating requirements including the use of presentation skills and the ability to create a requirements package.
- Documenting data flows using different approaches such as use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams.
- 3+ years’ experience in data related work (modeling, integration, reporting and analytics)
- High degree of competency in SQL and relational databases
- Self-motivated with a desire to research and learn new skills in the data management space
- Above average level of experience in Excel
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Observable client-facing skills
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively across multiple business functions, architecture and technology professionals.
- Ability to a wide range of data tools and technology, including profiling, cleansing and integration.
- Design and articulate solutions for identified Business Requirements
- Ability to identify, collect and assemble data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, negotiation, and business skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within the company and business community.
- Ability to utilize various modeling techniques such as process modeling, data modeling, system modeling.
- Ability to adapt to change and manage competing demands.
****Position is based in Carmel, IN****
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)