Staff Accountant, Reporting
CNO Financial Group (NYSE: CNO) provides a variety of insurance and financial products through brands such as Bankers Life, Colonial Penn, and Washington National. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, we employ of 3,200 full-time associates and also have offices in Chicago and Philadelphia.
Financial reporting is a team-sport at CNO. This team reviews nearly all financial reporting from across the enterprise. They ensure for accuracy and reliability. The work that they do is reviewed by top corporate executives as well as investors. Success in this position could be a springboard to many areas through CNO.
* Assists with the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reporting including GAAP and statutory financial statements and regulatory filings for 4 legal entities.
* Prepares journal entries with support that provides adequate audit evidence.
* Prepares sections of the statutory Annual Blue Books for 3 entities.
* Assists with the performance of cross check and other quality control procedures.
* Assists with the maintenance of the books and records to support the accounts of the legal entities.
* Assists with the performance of procedures to assure that the accounting and reporting functions are in compliance with all applicable accounting rules and requirements.
* Provides documentation and analysis that supports the needs of the * Assistant Controller. Identifies potential issues for review with the Assistant Controller.
* Provides supporting documents for journal entries and reconciliations.
* Helps accumulate accounting and financial information.
* Remains current on accounting rules and financial reporting developments.
* Assists in providing commentary to explain significant fluctuations between actual results for the current and prior year.
* Assists in preparing forms to calculate RBC.
* Assists in the calculation of key performance indicators and with the preparation of STAT to GAAP reconciliations.
* Contributes to the maintenance of a strong internal control environment meeting SOX objectives.
* Assists with special projects to improve the financial reporting process.
If you want to interview, here's what you'll need:
* Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
* CPA (or working towards CPA) preferred, proficient in Microsoft Office, familiar with accounting and reporting software.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to myHR@CNOinc.com.