Total Rewards Accounting Analyst
Under technical direction, the Total Rewards Accounting Analyst is responsible for supporting the administration of retirement plans, Pay for Performance (P4P) bonus, equity plans, and new equity grants. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the reconciliation of accounts, the payment of vendor bills relating to employee benefits, and assisting with other special projects. While this role reports up through the Total Rewards group, there will be a strong indirect reporting relationship with CNO Payroll group for payroll and HR accounting activities supported.
What you will do:
- Assists with administration of CNO bonus plans, retirement plans (401k and deferred compensation), equity plans, and new equity grants.
- Answers associates and agents (both active and terminated) questions (of basic to moderate complexity) regarding respective CNO plans; escalates issues as needed.
- Evaluates and pays vendor bills relating to employee benefit programs.
- Assists with internal and external audits of retirement, bonus, equity, and benefit plans.
- Prepares periodic General Ledger account reconciliation and journal vouchers (JV),and reports any issues to Manager.
- Support in the creation and analysis of reports.
- Prepares, maintains and calculates equity plan activity, employee updates and reports.
- Prepares funding wires for payroll and benefit plan contributions.
- Assists with benefit plan implementations and other special projects
What you will bring:
- Basic knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- General understanding of ERISA and IRS rules regarding benefit plans (including medical and retirement) and taxes
- Proficiency with account reconciliations and general ledger entry and research.
- Demonstrated computer skills, with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). MS Access or report writing experience is a plus.
- Familiar with employee benefit plans and Accounts Payable processes.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field is required; or equivalent.
- Typically requires up to three years of relevant experience.
- CPA candidate is a plus.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)