Associate General Counsel
Our Team: CNO Financial Group is an organization that fosters a culture of integrity, excellence, customer focus, and teamwork. We are middle-income America's valued financial security partner. We provide health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through our family of insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. At CNO Financial, we are forward thinking—to the security and stability we create for our customers, and the growth we create within our company.
Our customers, their families, shareholders, business partners and others trust that we will do what we say and, above all else, we will work hard, be honest and straightforward. This is our culture. It is defined by what we do, how we do it and how others see us. It is a culture of ethics and integrity.
Job Summary: As associate general counsel, your primary focus will be providing legal counsel on a wide range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and investments. You will work closely with business executives and leaders across the law department to support CNO's long‐term growth strategy.
- Collaborate with CNO’s corporate development team in the pursuit of public and private acquisitions, partnerships, minority investments, licenses and other inorganic opportunities, including primary responsibility for legal due diligence, negotiation, closing and integration.
- Provide legal and compliance counsel related to CNO’s investment portfolio.
- Work cross-functionally to issue spot and develop innovative, business-oriented legal solutions.
- Opportunity to develop a skill set in a wide range of public company corporate finance, securities and governance legal matters.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctorate Degree required; licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
- Typically, a minimum of five years of experience practicing corporate transactional law in a mid to large size law firm or company.
- Ability to interface with senior management confidently and professionally and manage competing time demands.
- A pro-active and highly accountable team player that thrives in a fast-paced deal environment.
- Life/health insurance industry knowledge a plus but not required.
* At CNO Financial Group, we welcome the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of all to enable us to work together for the growth of the company
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)