IT Business Consultant
Under limited direction, the IT Business Consultant participates in and/or leads efforts for moderate to complex projects and/or assignments to define business requirements and analyze business problems or opportunities. The role collaborates with business stakeholders, Business Relationship Directors (BRD’s), Business Analysts/Consultants, and Systems Analysts/Consultants and leads the definition of the scope of projects / releases, development of requirement documents, use cases, activity diagrams, flowcharts, and supplemental specifications to describe the application requirements to support the project scope. The role also independently evaluates new applications and system requirements. This role acts as a primary liaison between IT and business units for scoping, estimation and solutioning of new systems or system enhancements.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Independently evaluates business technology requests of moderate complexity and leads / conducts analysis needed to define the scope, sizing and requirements to implement business technology requests.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business solutions and business requirements.
- Works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, organize, evaluate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems. Documents detailed business requirements for new and existing systems. Reviews business requirements with various business and technology stakeholders
- Holds requirements gathering sessions, capturing meeting minutes, following up on action items, reporting project status, and ownership of project documentation.
- Analyzes, identifies and writes detailed description of user requirements, program functions, and tasks required to define or modify information systems. Converts requirements into User Stories as necessary to provide an accurate scope of business request
- Builds, develops, and grows business relationships vital to the success of respective projects. Exhibits strong business knowledge and strong customer relationships.
- Independently identifies opportunities to streamline process and enable continuous improvement; identify alternative approaches to enable informed decision making.
- Serves as a primary subject matter expert (SME) on multiple business functions.
- Prepares communications and presentations related to business systems, processes, and analysis efforts.
- Leads moderately to complex projects and creates, with limited support, process mapping, value chain mapping, conceptual design specifications and use case artifacts. Provides estimates for Business Requirements efforts.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of IT systems and corresponding business applications. Strong knowledge of various organizational functions, customers, and their processes to lead successful system implementations
- Adept at business requirements gathering, analysis and evaluation.
- Solid technical knowledge of IT business systems (including corresponding applications) and how they integrate with corresponding business area supported. Adept at conducting research into project and technology related issues independently to identify potential resolutions and implement desired resolution.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex information and can work to build consensus.
- Ability to build on knowledge of the organization, its processes, and customers to provide recommendations regarding business solutions. Analyzes and solves complex business problems.
- Works as a collaborative part of the project team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Strong ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities. Ability to successfully complete tasks while navigating sensitive topics and team dynamics.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Typically requires a minimum of five years of related work experience.
- Strong experience utilizing multiple requirements elicitation techniques.
CNO Financial Group is a holding company that provides health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through its family of established insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 5,000 exclusive agents and 4,000 independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
*At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial Group is pursuing a hybrid working model. Our associates will have access to come into their affiliated Office (Carmel or Chicago) up to 2 days/week, and work from home at least 3 days/week after COVID. To ensure accessibility to our corporate campuses, we ask that candidates reside within a 90 minute drive of the position location.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]