Claims Adjuster I
This position is responsible for providing claim service in a manner that promotes integrity and customer satisfaction. Responsible for evaluation, adjudication and processing in a timely, cost effective manner that is compliant with state regulations and company policies. Responsible for identifying opportunities for process improvements and implementing changes once identified.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews policy provisions and medical facts, along with any other documentation as needed, to make an appropriate claim decision in accordance with statutory and company requirements.
- Calculates payment of benefits due and processes claims in the appropriate admin system.
- Communicates with beneficiaries, policyholders and/or agents to request additional documentation, or to advise them of procedures necessary to complete claim adjudication and to communicate claim decisions.
- Documents claim file of all actions taken.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Consults with other areas of the company as the work demands (i.e. Underwriting, SIU, PHS, Legal, etc.).
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Core Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to provide prompt and high quality customer service to our policyholders, beneficiaries and agents.
- Basic knowledge of claims administrative procedures.
- Basic knowledge of insurance products.
- Good critical thinking abilities
- Basic ability to prioritize
- Basic ability to multi-task and adapt to an ever changing environment.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and through written correspondence to our customer.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Good decision-making abilities.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Bachelor degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Some insurance industry or financial services customer service experience with 1 year claim experience preferred.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]