Cloud Automation Engineer
Under moderate technical direction, this position will be responsible for introducing and maintaining processes, tools, and methodologies to balance needs throughout the software development life cycle, from coding and deployment, to maintenance and updates. This role bridges the gap between the requirements and goals of the software development team and the IT/Infrastructure team with an aim to increase transparency and trust amongst the teams.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Implement and maintain solutions leveraging cloud services and platforms. Evangelize and manage Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (automation of pipeline) tools and processes.
- Build, test, and deployment automation software (prefer familiarity with Jenkins and AWS CodeDeploy) Administration and automation of complex web-enabled applications, hosted at Amazon Web Services (AWS) in advanced, multi-AZ, multi-regional, auto-scaling architectures. Assess opportunities for unification and automation of processes.
- Develop and improve application and infrastructure health monitoring.
- Work with IT/Infrastructure in keeping systems resources updated. Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability. Coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Troubleshoot deployment or infrastructure issues. Troubleshoot local development virtualization / container issues. Coordinate with other members of the team and project manager(s).
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Docker containerization and orchestration Knowledge of cloud services (Amazon AWS [EC2, AWS VPC, EBS, ELB, Route53, S3, RDS, CloudFormation], Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Knowledge of open-source automation tools (Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker).
- Basic understanding of PHP/Java software development in a modern framework.
- Good troubleshooting skills. Good oral and written communication skills; ability to confidently liaise and collaborate both with IT and developers not yet accustomed to DevOps or cloud paradigms.
- Collaborative, cooperative, and team oriented.
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent. Master’s preferred.
- Typically has a minimum of two to three years of continuous experience working with CI/CD automation tools and workflows in a public cloud environment.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]