CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: CNO) provides health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through our family of insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. 40|86 Advisors, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNO Financial, is a fixed income investment advisor.
The Actuarial Assistant is responsible for gathering, preparing, and providing management with actuarial information through specific analyses and reports. The position relates to valuation, projection, and reporting of Annuity products for CNO insurance companies. Additionally, the position is part of an actuarial student program that will require progression on exams and progress through the actuarial educational system.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide support to actuaries by performing calculations and analysis under tight deadlines
- Assist with the preparation of reports and documentation
- Provide clear communication of technical work
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Pursue actuarial exams
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, or related field required
- At least three actuarial exams required
- At least one year of experience required
- Experience with spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications
- Facility with actuarial modeling software preferred
- Understanding of programming languages preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior analytical thinking and problem solving skills
This position can be based in either Chicago, IL or Carmel, IN.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to myHR@CNOinc.com.