CNO Financial Group is hiring a Health Underwriter to evaluate, within company philosophy and guidelines, risk of applicants for long term care health insurance. Communicate, in verbal and written forms, risk selection, products, and services.
This is your opportunity to be a part of high collaborative Health Underwriting team.
As a Health Underwriter, your responsibilities will include:
- Selection of risk to include evaluation of medical and non-medical risks, research and assessment of appropriate rating and/or morbidity category.
- Request and review medical records, lab tests, EKGs, MVRs, inspections, phone interviews and other information as it relates to selection of risk for long term care insurance.
- Communicate both verbally and through written forms with field agents regarding selection of risk, products and service.
- Communicate with the medical director and /or reinsurance companies as appropriate.
- Coding and reporting of information as required by the Medical Information Bureau.
- Evaluation of applications to ensure that all state guidelines and rules are complied with.
- Meet or exceed established department standards for production and quality.
The Health Underwriter position is well-suited for you if you:
- Are naturally curious and possess strong research skills.
- Thrive independently with minimal supervision but also enjoy teamwork and collaboration.
- Communicate clearly and professional, both written and verbally.
- Understand how to analyze qualitative data and apply underwriting guidelines using professional judgement.
- Strive for continual improvement and receives guidance, advice, and constructive criticism in a positive
- Are comfortable with a changing environment and easily adapt to changes.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience interpreting inspection reports, MVRs, medical records and other types of information as it applies to the selection of risk.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
CNO Financial Group is a holding company that provides health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through its family of established insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 5,000 exclusive agents and 4,000 independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]