Lead Data Scientist
CNO Financial Group is hiring a Lead Data Scientist to deliver the Advanced Research and Data Analytics (ARDA) strategy which provides senior leadership with advanced analytics and predictive modeling to support decision-making processes.
This is your opportunity to partner across the enterprise in building and developing predictive models and advanced analytics techniques for use across the enterprise.
As a Lead Data Scientist, your responsibilities will include:
- Modeling complex business problems and discovering business insights through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization techniques.
- Building capabilities for Analytics across the enterprise (including but not limited to Claims, Underwriting, and other functions/products) for future state direction. Understands the decision-making process, workflows, business and information needs of business org units and stakeholders.
- Translating business needs into advanced analytics/predictive models to support and inform on executive decisions and workflows with required information.
- Proactively mining data warehouses to identify trends and patterns and generates insights for business units and senior leadership.
- Determines requirements that will be used to train and evolve deep learning models and algorithms.
- Visualizing information and developing engaging reports on the results of data analysis using data visualization tools.
- Developing frameworks and processes to analyze unstructured information collected through various platforms such as administration systems, web portals, customer service interactions, and others.
- Collaborates and partners with user experience specialists and information architects to enhance information visualization through development of dashboards and user interfaces.
- Participates in proposing project prioritization.
- Advises others in the organization on tools, techniques and best practices around data science and predictive analytics; may be called upon to informally supervise others in developing less sophisticated predictive analytics models.
- Manages and leads external vendors as needed.
The Lead Data Scientist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Advanced research and analytics capabilities.
- Specialized expertise and in-depth understanding of modeling techniques, as well as building and maintaining big data models.
- Strong knowledge in descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive modeling methodology.
- Experienced at leveraging structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sources.
- Up-to-date knowledge of machine learning/AI and data analytics tools and techniques using SAS, STATA, SQL, Oracle, VB, Excel, Access, R, Python.
- In-depth analytical ability including interpreting results from multiple sources and developing actionable insights and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Requires a high level of communication and technical skills to persuade and influence others, particularly within the Actuarial and Risk.
- Most often interacts with Directors of business areas and VP Product Management to decide on and prioritize projects.
- May be asked to participate and present to SLG/ELG for data analysis.
- Strong leadership abilities (i.e. management of vendors) and strong ability to work on large and technically complex projects with high visibility within the Actuarial/Risk function.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer/data science, math/statistics, or other related field or relevant experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous insurance industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Applicable data science certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in the following:
- Using statistics and machine learning to solve complex business problems.
- Conducting statistical analysis with advanced statistical software, scripting languages, and packages.
- Using big data analysis tools and techniques.
- Building and deploying predictive models, and scalable data pipelines.
At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]