Project Manager - Strategic Partnerships
We are seeking an enthusiastic, results-driven candidate to serve as a Project Manager, Strategic Partnerships, within CNO’s growing Product Marketing team. You will support the planning and execution of all tasks involved in bringing new products to market, enhancing existing products and driving enterprise growth initiatives. You will collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization – ensuring that projects are executed efficiently and deliver the desired results.
Job Summary: You will manage and supervise business-related tasks; and monitor and integrate IT and business tasks into the overall implementation plan.
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, and status reports.
- Initiate and lead project-planning activities, including Scope Definition and Management (WBS, Project Change Control, Scope Document), Risk Management, and Communication Management.
- Take a lead role business planning projects to achieve desired outcomes.
- Create and maintain a project schedule by identifying and monitoring overall project timeline, milestones, tasks, resources, ETAs, task dependencies, and critical paths.
- Control and track project performance, time allocations, cost, and quality.
- Serve as front line escalation to remove impediments and mitigate risks to team / project success.
- Facilitate high level requirements and estimate gathering with Program Manager for planning future work.
- Interface with internal and external parties throughout project development.
- Prioritize, plan, and request resources, and assign tasks for multiple client teams.
- Direct the analysis of issues and identify solutions.
- Develop and manage project expectations to ensure all applicable functional areas are engaged within a project.
- Conduct and coordinate implementation alongside IT and vendor project managers for testing and deployment activities.
What you will bring:
- Project management experience inclusive of integrating financial domain products with existing business solutions; managing scope and project objectives; maintaining and tracking schedule based on project estimates; publishing status reports; identifying and defining project risks, including schedule risks, effort risks, delivery quality risks, scope creep and resourcing risks; maintaining and tracking project budgets; and integrating business solutions.
- PMP certification required.
- Business consulting experience preferred.
- D2C, agent and worksite distribution model experience preferred
- Understands of the end-to-end product development lifecycle.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills – ability to understand impacts of simple to complex concepts.
- Ability to foster working relationships with peers within and across organizational lines.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to change.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years product management experience in a matrixed organization with distributed virtual teams.
- 2+ Financial services experience including life, supplemental health and annuities preferred.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to myHR@CNOinc.com.