Actuarial Trainees are a critical part of our long-term capabilities planning and execution. As an Actuarial Trainee, you are an essential part of our ability to achieve established company goals. In this role, you will join our actuarial rotation program, transitioning into new areas of our business approximately every two years, while advancing in skill and increasing in the level of responsibility. In this position, you will start in Product Management, Life and Annuity. This will include supporting new product design and implementation for all CNO insurance companies. As you advance and learn you will also prepare for credential exams as you progress through our actuarial development program.
This position will involve gathering, preparing, and providing management with actuarial information. It will report to the Product Management – Life and Annuity area and such work will be in support of new product design and implementation for life and annuity business for CNO insurance companies. Additionally, the position is part of the Actuarial Student Program that will require progression on exams and progress through the actuarial educational system.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the product development, pricing, filing, and implementation of new life and annuity products.
- Assist in production of management reports and ad hoc survey and data requests.
- Support model governance initiatives.
- Provide clear documentation and communication of technical work and reports.
- Interact with and support other teams in cooperative projects.
- Pursue actuarial exams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience.
- Minimum 1-2 SOA exams.
- Strong technical analysis and programming skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Access and Excel; experience with actuarial modeling software and/or SAS knowledge a plus.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)