Data Analytics Intern - Summer 2022
CNO’s Data Analysis Intern program is designed to introduce college students to the application of analytics of operations and transactional data in insurance. As a Data Analysis Intern, you will have the opportunity to support different operational areas such as Claims, Policyholder Services, Contact Center, etc.
This is a paid internship, at competitive rates.
As a Data Analysis Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Data mining from CNO’s operational systems
- Assisting with monthly reporting and periodic management reporting
- Learning & using reporting analytics systems & tools including Tableau, Alteryx
- Learning the insurance operational areas and leadership
At CNO Financial, we believe interns bring new perspectives to existing challenges. The CNO Financial Intern Program gives students an opportunity to learn about CNO and network while doing important work for the organization. We sustained our internship program, hosting interns during the summers of 2020 and 2021, despite the global pandemic!
This program compliments the learning that each department provides for the students through work and other activities such as
- Leader Talks
- Career Counseling
- Development Opportunities
- Final Presentations
- Department Tour (pending COVID precautions/Hybrid workplace)
- Volunteering Event (pending COVID precautions/Hybrid workplace)
Qualified candidates for a Data Analysis Intern position will have:
- Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline
- Status as a rising junior or senior, approx. graduation dates of Dec 2022 – June 2024
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Availability to work 40 hrs/week for 10-12 weeks during the summer
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, including proficiency in MS Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a motivated team player
- Ability to be organized and prioritize work; seek direction as appropriate
- Familiarity with Business Objects and/or Hyperion is a plus.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Please note that the Company does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to these positions or to provide these positions as OPT or CPT.
CNO Financial Group is pursuing a hybrid working model. Our associates will have access to come into their affiliated Office (Carmel, Chicago or Philadelphia) up to 2 days/week, and work from home at least 3 days/week. To ensure accessibility to our corporate campuses, we ask that candidates reside within a 90 minute drive of the position location OR plan to live within a 90 minute drive of the position location upon graduation.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]