Sr. Life Underwriter
CNO Financial Group is hiring Sr Life Underwriters to evaluate insurance applications to assess mortality risk within company guidelines.
This is your opportunity to be a part of an Underwriting team, supporting our Bankers Life division Life Products.
As a Sr Life Underwriter, your responsibilities will include:
- Determine whether to accept, adjust, or decline applicants for insurance through evaluation of an individual's medical history, occupational hazards, financial stability, insurable interest, and other information relevant to the risk.
- Adhere to production, quality and service standards.
- Accept accountability to ensure effective risk selection.
- Communicate regularly in both written and verbal form with policy owners, applicants, managers, and agents in all aspects of underwriting procedure and decisions.
- Mentoring and training junior underwriters as needed.
The Sr Life Underwriter position is well-suited for you if you:
- Hold strong technical underwriting knowledge of medical, financial, and product.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of regulatory and policy differences among states in which business is transacted.
- Are highly organized and have outstanding priority management skills.
- Have great relationship management and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Flourish with decision making and enjoy using your analytical skills.
- Thrive in a high volume, fast-paced production work environment and drive for results.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/relevant experience.
- A minimum of three years life underwriting experience.
- Strong underwriting knowledge of larger face amounts for individual life insurance with expertise in multiple health impairments and financials.
- FLMI, FALU, or CLU courses completed for designation or being actively pursued.
At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial Group is a holding company that provides health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through its family of established insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 5,000 exclusive agents and 4,000 independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]