Program Manager, Product
As a Program Manager, Product you are responsible for managing the discovery and delivery activities needed to support a suite of projects and products in a given portfolio (product type, segment and/or distribution model) of large scale (>$1M).
- Full management responsibility of a team of Project Managers to deliver approved, funded products on time, on budget and on quality. Also has matrixed management of other project team members including but not limited to BSA's and PM's needed to deliver projects successfully.
- Directs inputs, outputs & processes needed (including but not limited to, estimation, sizing, scoping) to determine high-level feasibility and cost/benefit of ideas from earliest phases of ideation through discovery.
- Works with Product Portfolio Owner and Product SMEs to develop implementation roadmap.
- Accountable for the successful execution of the implementation roadmap including adapting to change in prioritization, strategic focus and market conditions. Responsible for the change management and communication needed to operationalize any changes.
- Works with internal and external partners to estimate and plan resources, vendor/contracts and capital needed to execute on the implementation roadmap.
- Partners with many business functional areas to anticipate, understand, delegate and complete all tasks needed for product development life cycle. Has a deep, working understanding of insurance industry and its regulatory, compliance, distribution models.
- Works closely with Lean and Agile leaders to support and influence transformation activities for gaining efficiency and effectiveness across the life cycle.
- Develops program success measures and performs periodic assessments of program success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management or a related field.
- Typically, has at least 10 years of project management experience. Experience with managing large scale projects (>$1M) is highly preferred.
- Experience in a matrixed organization with distributed virtual teams.
- Financial services experience including life, supplemental health and annuities.
- Experience with D2C, agency and worksite distribution models preferred.
- PMP certification is highly preferred.
- Deep expertise and familiarity with Product Development Lifecycle and/or Program Management frameworks. Demonstrated self-direction and proactive approach and ability to think beyond the immediate problem.
- Ability to gain consensus through mediation, find creative and innovative solutions to issues and day to day challenges and identify issues and propose possible resolutions.
- Proven skill of progressive/visionary thinking. Strong organizational skills, including ability to manage and prioritize competing initiatives.
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills, and proactive resolution of risks.
- Excellent communication, decision making, presentation and problem-solving skills; communication skills include facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Collaborate as a team player with people at all levels in an organization.
- Understands of the end-to-end product development lifecycle.
- Ability to foster working relationships with peers within and across organizational lines.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to change.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)