Dir Business Continuity Management
CNO’s Enterprise Risk Management group is hiring a Director, Business Continuity to be responsible for leadership and development of all aspects of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) function at CNO. A robust and sustainable BCM program is critical to maintaining the viability of CNO and continuing to serve its customers and safeguard its stakeholders in the event of a crisis or business disruption impacting any facet of CNO’s personnel, facilities, technology, or operations.
This is your opportunity to be a part of developing and enhancing CNO’s BCM capabilities, consistent with the growing importance in the Insurance Industry and at CNO to formalize and integrate Business Continuity Planning with Crisis Management, Emergency Management, Cyber Security, and Disaster Recovery functions.
As a Director, Business Continuity, your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding of enterprise risks involved with business disruption and development of effective strategies to recover the business operations in a defined timeframe, respond to the disruption in an organized manner, and to lead ongoing improvement in practices and mitigation strategies
- Development of policies and procedures to support the BCM function (including Business Impact Analysis, Crisis Response and Recovery Playbooks)
- Lead the development and implementation of training programs and materials related to BCM and its communication across the organization
- Provide leadership in the development, coordination, and execution of testing exercises involving all levels of the organization including executive management and leaders responsible for critical business functions, emergency and crisis management, and disaster recovery
- Works with health, safety, and security to align the organizations emergency management and business continuity plans with established best practices and community standards
The Director, Business Continuity position is well-suited for you if you have:
- Ability to successfully interact with and influence all levels of the organization including EVP/SVP level both to develop and communicate CNO’s BCM vision and strategy and to drive required action to execute the program at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated track record of developing and sustaining credibility and urgency of the BCM program and to drive results across all levels of the organization
- Strong business acumen able to lead development and execution of a complex integrated function
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to direct teams and influence stakeholders at multiple levels, including the Senior Leadership and Executive Leadership groups
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelors degree required, business major preferred
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, including 5 years of experience in business continuity, Insurance or financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Audit or process control experience in an insurance company or equivalent environment
- Exposure to business continuity management and working knowledge of industry leading practice
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills (e.g. memos, documentation, policy development, presentations)
- Self-motivated with the desire to engage and collaborate cross-functionally
CNO Financial Group is pursuing a hybrid working model. Our associates will have access to come into their affiliated Office (Carmel or Chicago) up to 2 days/week, and work from home at least 3 days/week. To ensure accessibility to our corporate campuses, we ask that candidates reside within a 60-mile drive of the position location.
At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]