Sr Life Underwriter
CNO Financial Group Seeks Our Next Sr Life Underwriter!
The Senior Life Underwriter's primary role is the accurate and timely risk assessment and evaluation of life applications, renewals or cancellations utilizing the underwriting policy, guidelines, insurance laws and regulations. This position can be located in Chicago, IL or Carmel, IN.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Oversees caseload to achieve desired objectives
- Contributes to the building and maintaining of strong relationships within the organization
- Responsible for the risk decision of new and existing business of all life policies within delegated authority levels and company guidelines
- Maintains an awareness of changing practices and regulations
- Effectively partners with co-workers and agents to create a high performance organization
- Able to serve as a SME to provide input on department procedures or practices
- May serve as a mentor to less experienced underwriters
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of life and health products
- Proficiency in underwriting all life and health products
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory and policy differences among states in which business is transacted
- Actively working toward profession designations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 3 years of direct life experience and/or health underwriting experience
- At least 3 - 5 years experience in a production oriented environment
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to myHR@CNOinc.com.