Investment Research Analyst
We are 40|86 Advisors, one of the top investment management firms in the country with a $27B portfolio of investments. We are looking for a Investment Research Analyst who is motivated and self-directed to join our Fixed Income Research Team.
As an Investment Research Analyst, you will be responsible for conducting fundamental investment analysis leading to investment recommendations in the firm’s fixed income portfolio. This opportunity requires a strong professional presence, proven initiative and a solid work ethic. Vital to your success will be your passion for the investment industry. As a member of the 40|86 team, you must be able to thoroughly research recommendations, and sell those recommendations throughout the organization. As a result, excellent written and verbal communication is imperative.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Conducting in-depth fundamental credit research in one or more industries and recommending attractive investment opportunities.
- Building and maintaining detailed financial models for use in the investment decision process
- Monitoring existing positions through earnings calls, management discussions and other industry contacts
- Interacting with other members of the investment team including Portfolio Managers and Traders to help facilitate an effective investment decision making process.
- Educating team members on changing fundamentals and relative values
- Managing and contributing to the development of junior analysts
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong professional presence
Proven initiative and a solid work ethic
Passion for the investment industry
Ability to thoroughly research recommendations and sell those recommendations throughout the organization
Excellent written and verbal communication is imperative
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree, in a related discipline, or equivalent required
Master’s degree preferred
At least 4 years of related work experience required
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to myHR@CNOinc.com.