Senior Counsel, Legal Product Support
Our Team: CNO Financial Group is an organization that fosters a culture of integrity, excellence, customer focus, and teamwork. We are middle-income America's valued financial security partner. We provide health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through our family of insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. At CNO Financial, we are forward thinking—to the security and stability we create for our customers, and the growth we create within our company.
Our customers, their families, shareholders, business partners and others trust that we will do what we say and, above all else, we will work hard, be honest and straightforward. This is our culture. It is defined by what we do, how we do it and how others see us. It is a culture of ethics and integrity.
As senior counsel, you will deliver compliance counsel and advice to insurance units. While linking with leaders across the enterprise to ensure suitable legal, compliance, and/ or risk actions.
As senior counsel, you are responsible for providing a full range of legal and/or compliance counsel and advice for various insurance units around insurance products, product development, policies, and/or services. You will work closely with leaders across the legal departments as well as corresponding business areas to ensure appropriate legal, compliance, and/or risk actions.
- Provides legal and/or compliance counsel for current insurance products and/or the ideation, development, and implementation of new insurance products.
- Collaborates with and advises associates in CNO’s business segments and areas relating to legal/compliance risks pertaining to product language and administration.
- Reviews, revises, and approves general contracts, policies, and or training materials that support CNO business segment products.
- Provides guidance and interpretation for the law as requested by business areas or operating units. Collaborates with business areas regarding legal matters.
- Makes recommendations to best support business unit and/or areas.
- Provide legal counsel and assistance with matters as Senior Leaders across the Legal function.
- Collaborates with other legal associates, corporate and business units to identify and address regulatory risk in operational functions.
- Stays abreast of regulatory changes and laws that impact the organization and/or insurance industry.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctorate Degree required; licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
- Typically, a minimum of five years of experience in a legal advisory role within a Life & Health Insurance Company.
- Strong knowledge of legal principles and life/health insurance products/industry.
- Proficiency in interpreting policy contract language, statute and regulation.
- Strong policy/contract drafting, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Initiative to work independently in a project setting with members of other departments.
- Comfortable working in “gray areas” of the law.
- Ability to identify and advocate practical, business-oriented solutions.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and other business-related software.
* At CNO Financial Group, we welcome the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of all to enable us to work together for the growth of the company
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)