Sr. Agile Coach
A Senior Agile coach is a person who is responsible for creating and improving Agile processes for several teams. Communications, authority, influence and negotiations at the team and Director level. The candidate is responsible for developing training plans across teams, engaging with Agile Coaches to develop standards and best practices to facilitate Agile Delivery. The Senior Agile Coach supports the definition of Operational Metrics to score performance of Agile teams and identify areas of improvement.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Implementation of Agile and Scaling Agile with teams based on the defined Agile Transformation Strategy.
- Review Agile team structure to help guide, determine, and recommend changes and approaches to teams as needed to reach high performance.
- Develop team influencing strategies, collaborate to design and adopt Agile team agreements, and drive continuous improvement. Ensure Agile teams are ready to operate in an Agile organization.
- Prepare communications, status updates, and other messaging related to coaching activities.
- Work collaboratively with other Agile Coaches to ensure consistency in transformation efforts.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of training and coaching practices as it pertains to adopting Agile frameworks and methodologies.
- Proven success in process and project management in an operations capacity; has a track record of relentless improvement of practices, process and methods within a medium to large organization.
- Serves as a leader that advocates point of views, considers alternatives, and moves the group to a decisive conclusion at varying levels of seniority.
- Strong and proven evidence of effective team leadership and people development.
- Strong relationship building skills with high social/cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Good project management skills with strong ability to multitask among several teams.
- Self-starter with superior problem-solving; analytical, follow-through and organizational skills and track record for high performance and superior delivery.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills; detail oriented with ability to see the big picture and to work effectively at both high and detailed levels.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to lead/manage teams through change.
- Strong business acumen combined with solid relationships development skills, effectively interfacing with business and IT leaders.
- Strong intellectual agility to handle complex business and technical issues; inquisitive approach to problem solving.
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management, Information Systems or related field required, or equivalent. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Typically has a minimum of six to eight years experience managing the end-to-end cycle of software development projects for multiple teams (40+employees), including at least five years of experience in Scrum, Agile, and/or SAFe.
- Has a track record of increasing levels of responsibility and accomplishments. Practitioner Certified (Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC))
- Preferred experience working with and understanding both business and IT.
- Strong experience and knowledge delivering solutions using various Agile methodologies.
- Strong experience with one or more agile tools (such as Jira, Jira Align, Confluence, and/or other leading agile tools)
CNO Financial Group is a holding company that provides health and life insurance, as well as retirement solutions, to middle-income Americans through its family of established insurance brands: Bankers Life, Colonial Penn and Washington National. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 5,000 exclusive agents and 4,000 independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward—to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We're looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We'll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you're looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to [email protected]