FHA/VA Underwriter - Central
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Authorized to underwrite FHA and VA loan products.
- Communicates regularly with the Loan Officers and/or Processor regarding status of loans via current technology.
- Follows file and check order as conditions are signed off and new information is received. Maintains file order integrity.
- Maintains current working knowledge on current products.
- Leadership with respect to direction of underwriting resources and credit policy execution within team.
- Maintains conversation log in DataTrac to properly track the forward movement of the file.
- Assists with training needs of other mortgage positions.
- Ad hoc reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Prefer a minimum of five (5) years specific underwriting experience.
- Must possess valid CHUMS and LAPP ID number.
- Must have demonstrated satisfactory knowledge of DU and LP input.
- Ability to properly interpret DU and LP, communicate and document their findings.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and email systems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- High integrity and confidentiality required.
CMG MORTGAGE, INC. NMLS #1820 If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at CMG Financial prior to having a signed agreement . CMG Financial is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to CMG Financial and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.