Senior Data Scientist
Our company has a need for a Senior Data Scientist with experience in conducting scenario analysis based on microeconomic and macroeconomic factors and building financial models. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for executing various assignments within the Capital Markets/Secondary teams with an emphasis on management reporting using MS Power BI and the Domo BI tool.
The position will appeal to an individual with both, accounting and business intelligence, knowledge and interests in learning about the mortgage industry, specifically around the Capital Markets and Secondary areas. The role will involve being immersed in multiple projects and working closely with stakeholders to ensure financial implications are fully understood as part of the company’s pricing and other monitoring processes. You will develop a solid understanding of the overall business strategy and the needs of the practice as well as industry, solution and geographical trends. You will also participate in initiatives to support management, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES, includes the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Conduct financial research in support of project feasibility and due diligence requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation and distribution of daily, monthly, and quarterly reporting for Capital Markets/Secondary department and management.
- Build financial models in excel based on historical information and other available industry-specific operating metrics.
- Conduct scenario analysis based on microeconomic and macroeconomic factors.
- Ensure the accuracy of the new models while enhancing the quality of the existing models.
- Recommend and implement process improvement measures.
- Update the financial models after each earnings roll out or other similar corporate actions.
- Analyze and identify data required to support model tracking.
- Assist in the maintenance, creation, and validation of processes in the company’s primary Business Intelligence tool to enhance processes and create efficiencies.
- Deliver accurate and insightful ad-hoc reporting or analysis for time-sensitive, impromptu requests.
- Review data integrity by applying reconciliations and other checks to data from various systems.
- Monitor analytical metrics and create automated alerts to trigger business response.
- Train end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain follow-up on several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Professional, confident, enthusiastic and detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the company employees including the executive team.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or finance field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Econometrics, Business Intelligence, Finance or related field required (Master’s degree in quantitative field preferred).
- 3+ years’ experience in financial modelling and/or a business intelligence role
- Advanced SQL knowledge with data manipulation experience in a RDMS such as MS SQL Server.
- Experience with statistical software and programming preferred (R, SAS, Python, etc.).
- Extensive experience building datasets and reports within a common BI platform (e.g., Tableau, Domo, MS Power BI, Spotfire).
- Ability to communicate with business users to develop requirements for new reports.
- Comfortable sharing reporting results with business users and training users to use reports.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Experience using MS Office suite
External Code: #LI-MV1
CMG MORTGAGE, INC. NMLS #1820 If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at CMG Financial prior to having a signed agreement . CMG Financial is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to CMG Financial and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.