Temporary Payroll Specialist
Experience with Paylocity is required.
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing the company payroll on a semi-monthly basis; processing payroll, conducting audits of the payroll reports and benefit deductions administration and auditing. The Payroll Specialist also calculates commissions, maintains the 401K database and transmission, and leads special payroll projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, audit, and set up payroll taxes and states in payroll.
- Process, audit and reconcile payroll via the Payroll system.
- Monitor timesheets hours, vacation and sick accruals and post to Payroll accordingly.
- Run payroll documentation records and reports as needed
- Prepare manual checks as necessary.
- Respond to routine inquiries concerning payroll deductions and accruals, wage garnishments, child support payments, and employment verifications.
- Calculate monthly wholesale/Retail commissions.
- Transmits Employee 401K data Ð Upload and balance.
- Assist in special payroll projects as needed.
- Complete verifications of employment.
- Process garnishments, levies, withholding, and support orders.
- Review, audit, and set up payroll taxes/states as needed.
- Process and reconcile employee H.S.A applications, ER match, and EE deductions/deposits.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with Paylocity is required.
- The Payroll Specialist must be proficient in Paylocity, ADP, Excel, Word, and Windows.
- Leadership ability as it relates to team building and communication amongst payroll and HR.
- Interacts with all levels of management to close out payrolls, initiate change and implement process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong Integrity and confidentiality required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1 year HR or Payroll experience.
- Minimum 1 year clerical or coordinator experience.
- Accounting experience preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of product; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced fluid environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality required.
External Code: #LI-CA1
CMG MORTGAGE, INC. NMLS #1820 If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at CMG Financial prior to having a signed agreement . CMG Financial is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to CMG Financial and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.