Mortgage Internal Auditor
Internal Audit's objective is to bring a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's governance, risk management, and internal control environment. The Internal Auditor is responsible for performing internal audit projects at the direction of Internal Audit Manager. He or she will be expected to assist in developing internal audit scope, performing audit procedures, and preparing reports in accordance with accepted professional standards.
- Risk and control coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on financial, IT, and operational processes.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements, and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Perform detailed analysis of transactional data, documentation, and policies.
- Prepare accurate workpapers to clearly describe work performed and support test results.
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate risk implications, and reach appropriate conclusions.
- Develop preliminary findings and partner with management to develop recommendations to mitigate key risks and/or identified control gaps.
- Draft comprehensive report of audit area.
- Perform follow up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues and validate proper completion of management action plans.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with management and champion internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
- 2+ years of Accounting or Internal Audit experience or 4+ years of experience in mortgage origination/underwriting or servicing processes.
- Experience with and understanding of Internal Auditing standards, COSO, and Risk Assessment practices, including a good understanding of accounting, finance, and IT internal control reporting.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to advance multiple priority assignments concurrently and within established deadlines
- Teamwork - Competent at working in partnership with team members to deliver expected results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA, CIA, or CISA designation preferred.
- Mortgage industry experience beneficial.
CMG MORTGAGE, INC. NMLS #1820 If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at CMG Financial prior to having a signed agreement . CMG Financial is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to CMG Financial and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.