Land Care Maintenance Crew Leader
General Statement of Duties
Supervises and participates in the work of a crew performing property maintenance,
landscaping, and irrigation repairs.
Work includes managing a small crew by prioritizing projects, assigning work tasks, using
equipment, maintaining records, monitoring work quality and work schedules, insuring crew safety, training employees, and providing performance feedback. The employee leads and participates in performing various landscaping and horticultural functions, building maintenance and equipment operation. Employee is responsible for procurement of materials, work orders, and record-keeping for each project. Work subjects the employee to inside and outside environmental conditions, extremes in temperatures, and hazards associated with equipment operation including fumes, oils, gases and chemicals. Work is supervised by the Turf Manager and Landscape Manager for ability to follow instructions and established standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prioritize projects, assign work tasks to crew members, remembering required materials, file work orders and maintain written records of projects.
· Lead crew and participate in performing a wide variety of maintenance tasks such as
removing trash, leaves, and debris from properties under contract, repairing and
maintaining a healthy and visual appealing lawn and landscape.
· Instruct employees in proper work methods and standards; monitor crew work quality; insure
adherence to time schedules and safe work practices, provide performance feedback and
input into performance reviews.
· Perform and lead crew on general maintenance tasks for properties under contract. Seed, fertilize, and applying chemicals may be performed on occasions.
· Lead crew and participate in planting shrubs and flowers, trimming trees and shrubbery, and
performing related landscape tasks on properties.
· Operate all equipment necessary to complete assigned tasks such as weed eaters, hedge pruners, blowers, hand tools, and mowing machines.
· Perform equipment maintenance checks and keep up with condition. Report to mechanic any malfunctions with equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Thorough knowledge of standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment utilized in the area of assigned work including lawn and ornamental landscape maintenance.
· Knowledge of work hazards and applicable safety precautions associated with
assigned area of work.
· Knowledge of equipment maintenance and skill in the operation of various
equipment including weed eaters, blowers, hedge pruner, edgers and mowers.
· Knowledge of horticultural practices.
· Advanced skill in the operation of equipment, tools, and instruments used for assigned work
· Ability to assign and supervise the work of others, provide instruction, lead a small crew and
· Ability to understand and follow oral instructions.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers,
and Members of the Cliffs.
Must be able to physically perform the operational functions of climbing, balancing,
stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting,
fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Must be able to perform medium work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move
Must possess the ability to operate equipment and motor vehicles, perform trades
tasks, inspect the work of others, and review work for accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness.
Desirable Education and Experience
High school graduation required; Associates degree preferred. Five years relevant
experience required with two years in a supervisory capacity preferred. Considerable experience in grounds and/or facility maintenance including equipment operation and trades work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred possession of a South Carolina ornamental public operator’s pesticide applicator license.
Must have a South Carolina Drivers Licenses.
Must be able to pass a back-ground check.