PM Line Cook
- Prepare and arrange food according to The Cliffs Communities’ recipes, nutrition philosophy, and quality of presentation.
- Set up station and gather all supplies needed to prepare menu for service.
- Prepare meat, seafood, vegetable, and cold food items as required for the line as well as for special functions.
- Prepare sauces and accompanying garnishes for assigned station.
- Continually updates knowledge of Cliffs recipes, food preparation and food presentation.
- Communicate with Executive Chef on production status for the next day before completing shift.
- Stores and handles food properly, following Health Department requirements.
- Use food preparation equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Report and document any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
- Return soiled food preparation utensils and other small ware items to the proper areas.
- Cover, date, and properly store all leftovers and food prep items.
- Notify Executive Chef/Sous Chef in advance of expected shortages.
- Ensure all storage areas are neat and all products are stored properly.
- Assist in cleaning and break down after shift including trash removal, sweeping, pressure washing, and mopping.
- Assist in completing weekly cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Observe guidelines related to the maintenance of safe working conditions in the kitchen.
- Maintain neat professional appearance and observe personal cleanliness rules at all times.
- Maintain professional standards and codes of conduct as set forth by Cliffs Associate Handbook.
- Assist with other duties as instructed by Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
- Culinary Art A.O.S. degree with a minimum of 1 year experience or 3 years demonstrated job experience, fine dining/country club environment preferred
- Must have a passion for quality food and cooking and experience with healthy cooking techniques
- Knowledge of classical and present cooking procedures
- Good knife handling skills
- Ability to work various stations - sauté, grill, sauces, pantry and expediting
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of health department regulations; food sanitation certificate a plus
- Basic English language communication skills with ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Pleasant personality and professional appearance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, without compromising food quality
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to continuously stand for extended periods
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions
- Ability to handle sharp utensils and operate food production equipment