Front Desk/Pool Attendant
JOB SUMMARY: Our goal is to deliver The Cliffs Lifestyle to Members, Guests of Members and Discovery Guests through “The Cliffs Commitment” categorically summarized as “details”, “relational service”, and “continuous improvement”.
- Greets guests at the pool area and provides pool towels, if needed
- Escorts guests and positions chairs, sets up, refreshes, and tears down cabanas.
- Maintains the cleanliness and physical appearance of pool area.
- Assists in recreational activities and events for guests.
- Supervises swimmers to prevent accidents and makes sure they follow safety regulations. Rescues swimmers in difficulty and provide first aid treatment, if required.
- Educates the community in water safety.
- Places signs or barriers to warn of dangerous conditions or areas, and makes sure users are aware of potential dangers.
- Cautions people behaving in an unsafe manner and expels those who refuse to cooperate.
- Reports incidents to management or other authorities.
- Undertakes basic water quality control and testing procedures.
- Maintains rescue equipment.
- Performs basic administrative duties such as writing reports.
- Enforces all poolside rules
- High school or GED
- Lifeguard certification is a plus, but this is not a lifeguard position.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to stay alert for long periods of time
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends and evenings
- CPR/AED/First Aid Required
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. and pull/push 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work in the heat and humidity
- Ability to withstand prolonged exposure to sunlight.