• Greet and welcome members and their guests upon seating them.
• Carefully supervise service staff to help assure proper service, pours beverages and takes orders when necessary.
• Assist in the scheduling of service associates and plan room set-ups based upon anticipated reservations and event needs.
• Coordinate food service between kitchen and service staff.
• Assure that all safety, accident and emergency policies and procedures are in place and consistently followed.
• Assure that revenue control procedures are continually followed.
• Assist in the training and developing of the service staff.
• Inspect dining room to ensure proper maintenance, cleanliness, and safety.
• Assure the correct appearance, cleanliness, and safety of all dining areas, equipment and fixtures. Check the maintenance of all equipment and reports deficiencies and maintenance concerns.
• Inspect service associates to ensure that they are in proper and clean uniforms at all times (name tags, wine keys, and Cliffs pens).
• Manage the guest reservation system.
• Assist with table clearing and resetting as needed.
• Assure that all side work is accomplished and that all cleaning of equipment and storage areas is completed according to schedule.
• Help in resolving Member/ Guest complaints.
• Enforce established rules, regulations and policies.
• Suggest when additional service supplies and small equipment are needed.
• Assist with service of food and beverages in Snack Bar and for special events when needed.
• Help maintain and inventory of dining room items including silverware, coffee pots, water pitchers, salt and pepper holders, linen, chafers, etc. and ensure that they are properly stored and accounted for.
• Close the day from the Point of Sale system, including cash, credit card balances, E-mailing closing reports and sending daily paperwork to Administration.
• Make suggestions about improvement in the dining room service procedures.
• Assure that the dining room and other Club Areas are secure at the end of the business day.
• Knowledgeable in motivating and training servers in the “Cliffs” Food and Beverage Standards of Operation
• Basic computer skills required; P.O.S system experience preferred
• High school or GED degree along with some college coursework preferred
• 1-2 years experience in a F&B supervisory position
• Must be able to communicate well with members and associates
• Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and overtime based on schedule
• Ability to continuously stand for up to a 10 hour shift.
• Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions.