Executive Sous Chef
• Ensure an inspired, aligned and transparent long term partnership of Members, Associates and Vendors dedicated to encouraging sustainable Total Wellness in all of its attributes including physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social, ecological and financial wellness.
• Provide Relational Service to all Members, Guests of Members and Discovery Guests.
• Focus on Details to provide high quality products and service to Members.
• Strive for Continuous Improvement in knowledge, quality, consistency, service, products, work environment, financial metrics, safety, wellness and member satisfaction.
• Assists Executive Chef in planning menus for all food outlets in the club
• Trains, supervises, and evaluates the work of Sous Chefs and Pastry Chef
• Coordinates the work of Sous Chefs, Line Cooks, Pastry Chef, and Kitchen Assistants to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor goals.
• Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies
• Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times
• Assists Executive Chef in safeguarding kitchen staff by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles
• Assists Executive chef standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
• Attends Food & Beverage staff and management meetings as needed
• Consults with catering department about food production aspects of any special events that are planned in Executive chefs absence
• Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
• Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are attained
• Interacts with service director to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and their guests
• Assists Executive Chef in evaluating job performance of kitchen staff; corrects, rewards, and disciplines staff in a fair and legal manner
• Maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
• Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff
• Attends service lineups and ensures that other representatives from kitchen staff attend those lineups
• Motivates and develops staff including cross training and promotion of personnel
• Visits dining area to greet members
• Maintains professional standards and codes of conduct as set forth by Cliffs Associate Handbook.
• Undertakes any special projects as assigned by the General Manager and Executive Chef
• Undertakes any special projects as assigned by Senior Executive Chef with approval from General Manager and Executive chef
• A.O.S. in Culinary Arts or related field preferred with a minimum of 5 years’ Supervisory Chef experience (preferably in fine dining or upscale business establishments).
• Able to lead, train, motivate, and evaluate kitchen team for optimum performance.
• Able to develop, cost, and implement menus that are creative, innovative, and healthy while exceeding the expectations of quality and value for members and guests.
• Must also have mathematical skills to compute costs
• Proficiency with computer applications related to food management/cost accounting programs.
• Ability to continuously stand for extended periods.
• Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions.
• Ability to handle sharp utensils and operate food production equipment.