• Prepare and arrange food according to The Cliffs Communities’ recipes, nutrition philosophy, and quality of presentation.
• Set up station and gather all supplies needed to prepare menu for service.
• Prepare meat, seafood, vegetable, and cold food items as required for the line as well as for special functions.
• Prepare sauces and accompanying garnishes for assigned station.
• Continually updates knowledge of Cliffs recipes, food preparation and food presentation.
• Communicate with Executive Chef on production status for the next day before completing shift.
• Stores and handles food properly, following Health Department requirements.
• Use food preparation equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions.
• Report and document any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
• Return soiled food preparation utensils and other small ware items to the proper areas.
• Cover, date, and properly store all leftovers and food prep items.
• Notify Executive Chef/Sous Chef in advance of expected shortages.
• Ensure all storage areas are neat and all products are stored properly.
• Assist in cleaning and break down after shift including trash removal, sweeping, pressure washing, and mopping.
• Assist in completing weekly cleaning and maintenance duties.
• Observe guidelines related to the maintenance of safe working conditions in the kitchen.
• Maintain neat professional appearance and observe personal cleanliness rules at all times.
• Maintain professional standards and codes of conduct as set forth by Cliffs Associate Handbook.
• Assist with other duties as instructed by Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
• Culinary Art A.O.S. degree with a minimum of 1 year experience or 3 years demonstrated job experience, fine dining/country club environment preferred
• Must have a passion for quality food and cooking and experience with healthy cooking techniques
• Knowledge of classical and present cooking procedures
• Good knife handling skills
• Ability to work various stations - sauté, grill, sauces, pantry and expediting
• Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
• Knowledge of health department regulations; food sanitation certificate a plus
• Basic English language communication skills with ability to follow written and oral instructions
• Pleasant personality and professional appearance
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, without compromising food quality
• Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to continuously stand for extended periods
• Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions
Ability to handle sharp utensils and operate food production equipment