• Responsible for ensuring various Golf Course Maintenance equipment (large tractors/backhoe, a variety of commercial mowers, aerators, sprayers, hand-held blowers, etc.) are properly cared for and operational.
• Sharpens and adjusts cutting reels and blades within a few thousands of an inch.
• Performs maintenance and mechanical repairs and maintenance management techniques in order to maintain a variety of commercial lawn, construction, and renovations equipment with an emphasis on small engine repairs.
• Makes frequent field calls and repairs equipment on site.
• Maintains repair and preventive maintenance records.
• Orders necessary parts and supplies.
• Maintains and cares for repair shop facilities.
• Makes emergency repairs to equipment when needed.
• Ensures all equipment has been serviced, tested and cleaned prior to use.
• Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
• Experience in automotive, truck, tractors, and/or lawn maintenance equipment repairs including repair of 2-cycle/4-cycle gasoline engines and diesel engines.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work.
• Must be able to sharpen and adjust high-end cutting units (especially reel units such as putting green mowers)
• Ability to write maintenance reports and communicate effectively in writing.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Can make repairs and adjustments, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, and manufactures specifications.
• Working knowledge of shop equipment
• Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
• High degree of focus on details and a commitment to excellence
• Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of OSHA standards and other environmental safety standards, as applied to chemicals and compounds
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Climb and work from ladders
• Perform rigorous physical work for sustained periods
• Ability to work in confined spaces underneath equipment
• Must be able to work effectively in a noisy environment, inside and outside, in all elements, in all seasons, and be free of any debilitating allergies.
• Must be able to walk 2-5 miles per day
• Able to operate a variety of heavy-duty equipment and turf equipment preferred.
• Ability to work weekends and holidays with little or no notice