Executive ChefUsing your proven leadership experience, you will manage all culinary aspects of the club’s restaurants, bars, private events, special events, in-home and off-site events. You will lead, motivate and inspire a fun, thriving culture of culinary mentorship as well as administer The Cliffs policies, direct the work of your team, and oversee hiring, training, supervision and performance of the culinary team.
Other job duties include:
- Focus on Details to provide high quality products and service to Members.
- Strive for Continuous Improvement in knowledge, quality, consistency, service, products, work environment, financial metrics, safety, wellness and member satisfaction.
- Directs the operation of all kitchen areas and staff. Works with General Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, and associates to execute the F&B strategy and focus on meeting or exceeding goals.
- Oversees, plans menus, and manages food production at all outlets at the club.
- Continuously strives to improve the quality of food products provided by the kitchen and understands the members’ expectations.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of Sous Chefs, Line Cooks, Pastry Chef, and Kitchen Assistants/Dishwashers to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor goals.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are attained.
- Participates in the development of the annual budget as it relates to functional areas of responsibility; provides management with continuous planning, forecasting and monitoring financial detail to verify adherence to plan.
- Responsible for all inventory cost controls as set forth by Cliffs inventory standards.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Plans and manages the employee meal program.
- Attends Food & Beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with catering department about food production aspects of any special events that are planned.
- Interacts with F&B Manager to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and their guests.
- Attends service lineups and ensures that other representatives from kitchen staff attend those lineups
- Periodically visits dining area to greet members.
- Hires, trains/develops, supervises, and evaluates the performance of all kitchen personnel.
- Motivates and develops staff including training and development opportunities, cross training, and promotion of personnel.
- Takes initiative to provide relational service to members and guests as well as instilling this in the kitchen staff.
- Maintain professional standards and codes of conduct as set forth by Cliffs Associate Handbook.
- Undertakes any special projects as assigned by the General Manager and/or Sr. Executive Chef.
- A.O.S. in Culinary Arts or related field preferred with a minimum of 5 years’ Executive Chef experience (preferably in fine dining or upscale business establishments).
- Able to lead, train, motivate, and evaluate kitchen team for optimum performance.
- Able to develop, cost, and implement menus that are creative, innovative, and healthy while exceeding the expectations of quality and value for members and guests.
- Thorough knowledge of food cost and labor cost controls.
- Has mathematical skills to compute costs.
- Proficient with computer applications related to food management/cost accounting programs.
- Knowledge of all proper food preparation, storage and sanitation requirements, and Health Department Requirements.
- Knowledge of appropriate food and beverage service etiquette, policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
Our benefits package include choices in Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance, Short- & Long-term Disability Plans, 401 K with company match, continued education programs, access to our award-winning golf, health and fitness amenities, , and much more…