• Supervise the daily work of the Landscape Laborers and crew.
• Assist in scheduling employees, hiring, assigning tasks, and assigning job locations.
• Monitor performance of employees.
• Monitor and assist in maintaining common areas, drainage and erosion control, mowing and landscape duties, snow removal, trash and debris cleanup, roads, utilities, and signage.
• Comprehensive billing and financial reporting to superintendent and accounting.
• Implement and communicate in a positive manner all company directives.
• Provide and maintain a safe work environment. Know, understand, follow, and implement company and OSHA regulations and standards.
• Supply associates with proper Personal Protection Equipment and monitor its use.
• See that first aid kits are stocked, recharge fire extinguishers, and administer first aid when necessary.
• Handle all emergencies effectively.
• Report and document accidents appropriately and follow company guidelines regarding Workers Compensation claims.
• Assist in picking up equipment, tools, materials, and supplies.
• Monitor and inspect inventory consistently.
• Allocate equipment, tools, materials, and supplies to proper job sites.
• Responsible for all rental equipment on job sites.
• All other duties assigned by management.
• High school diploma
• Two to three years related management experience
• Must maintain valid driver’s license
• Knowledge of Landscaping to include understanding of plants, trees, grasses, and the natural landscape
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and various other computer programs.
• Able to lift 65lbs and able to walk an average of three miles per day in a variety of terrains
• Able to operate a variety of landscaping equipment
• Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of OSHA standards and other environmental safety standards, as applied to chemicals and compounds
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk, stand and sit. The associate is occasionally required to climb and use balance. Additionally, the associate will frequently be asked to use hands and arms to reach, carry and lift items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate may experience temperature and weather fluctuations, and moderate to high noise levels.
• The ability to work under varying and extreme weather conditions