Assistant in Training/Greenskeeper 3
- Participates in course renovations such as sod laying or removal, grass sprigging, trench excavating, tree and brush removal and operating hand tools.
- Fertilize, verti-cut and aerify greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
- Calculate and mix fertilizes and pesticides as well as spraying tees, greens and fairways when needed.
- Monitor and recognize common turf diseases, weeds and insects and treat accordingly.
- Maintain golf course irrigation equipment and make necessary repairs.
- Monitor course for irrigation needs and assist in the hand watering of greens when necessary.
- Takes direction from Assistant Superintendent in leading and directing small teams for special projects and tasks.
- Operates golf course maintenance equipment to include: mower, trimmers, edgers, weed eaters, blowers, etc.
- Mows greens, tees, fairways, roughs, collars, and approaches.
- Changes tee markers, cuts cups, repair ball marks on greens, and repair tee and fairway divots.
- Rake and edges bunkers, top dress greens and tees, edge cart paths, remove weeds, and gather debris from golf course.
- Performs golf course maintenance duties as assigned by management.
- 2 or more years experience in golf course maintenance is preferred.
- Associate’s Degree in turf management preferred
- Mixing and spraying fertilizers and pesticides experience is required, Pesticide License is a plus
- Irrigation installation, troubleshooting, repair, and scheduling exp is required
- Basic understanding of operating lawn care equipment and its safety procedures
- Must be accurate and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate motorized equipment
- Ability to work over time, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. frequently
- Ability to walk 3-5 miles a day
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work on a daily basis to include frequent handling, reaching, lifting, carrying, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, and balancing
- Ability to work both indoor and outdoor in various weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold while being exposed to all forms of precipitation