PM Sous Chef
• Ensure an inspired, aligned and transparent long term partnership of Members, Associates and Vendors dedicated to encouraging sustainable Total Wellness in all of its attributes including physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social, ecological and financial wellness.
• Provide Relational Service to all Members, Guests of Members and Discovery Guests.
• Focus on Details to provide high quality products and service to Members.
• Strive for Continuous Improvement in knowledge, quality, consistency, service, products, work environment, financial metrics, safety, wellness and member satisfaction.
• Assists Chef in providing directional flow of kitchen during prep and service.
• Assists Chef in planning and supervising all work done by kitchen employees.
• Prepares or supervises kitchen staff responsible for the daily preparation of soups, sauces, and features to ensure that methods of cooking, garnishing and portion sizes are as prescribed by standardized recipes.
• Assists the Executive Chef with monthly inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
• Assumes complete charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
• Assists Executive Chef with the supervision and training of employee, sanitation and safety, menu planning and related production activities.
• Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and flavor of foods.
• Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum accountability.
• Prepares reports and schedules, costs menus, and performs other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
• Works with Chef to design menus and create recipes.
• Helps plan energy conservation procedures in the kitchen.
• Assists in the development of training and the provision of professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff and all other Food and Beverage Associates.
• Consults with dining service personnel during daily line-ups.
• Assists in maintaining security of kitchen including equipment, food, and supply inventories.
• Assists in food procurement, delivery, storage and issuing of food items.
• Expedites food orders during peaks service hours
• Cooks on the line during service if required by staffing needs or direction of executive chef.
• Coordinates buffet presentations.
• Checks “mise en place” before service time and inspects presentation of food items to insure that quality standards are met.
• Reports all Member/Guest complaints to Chef and assists in resolving complaints.
• Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen and its equipment.
• Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements, and personnel management to Executive Chef.
• Maintain professional standards and codes of conduct as set forth by Cliffs Associate Handbook.
• Assists with other duties as instructed by Executive Chef.
• A.O.S. in Culinary Arts preferred with at least 2 years of demonstrated Sous Chef experience including opportunities for supervising subordinates, preferably in a fine dining/country club environment.
• Demonstrated success in leading and training kitchen staff.
• Has a passion for quality food and experience with healthy cooking techniques preferred.
• Able to prepare all menu items by recipe.
• Knowledge of classical and current cooking methods.
• Possess mathematics skills to compute costs and prepare reports.
• Able to use computers and related food management and cost accounting programs.
• Knowledge of health department regulations.
• Basic English language communication skills with ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Pleasant personality and professional appearance.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment, without compromising food quality.
• Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to continuously stand for extended periods.
• Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions.
• Ability to handle sharp utensils and operate food production equipment.