Partner Engineer - Remote Europe
Position: Partner Engineer - Remote Europe
Location: Europe, UK
Division: OTTO Motors
Type: Full Time
Education: Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Systems Engineering Bachelor or Diploma
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self-driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job:
The Partner Engineer will be part of the growing Go-To-Market team, and play a critical role in ensuring the successful implementation of our products in the UK and European markets. You will work as a member of the OTTO Motors’ Channel Partner Organization in a pre-sales and post sales technical role as a key person in assisting the proliferation of OTTO Motors technology into the UK & European marketplace. You will be acting as a technical liaison between OTTO Motors (NA) and our existing Partnership companies and their customers within Europe.
This position is ideal for someone who is excited about solving challenging technical problems to improve our platform while making our partnerships successful.
Additionally, it is a good fit for people with technical backgrounds who enjoy communicating and empathizing with collaborators of a variety of backgrounds, both technical and non-technical.
- Be a product knowledge expert, technical consultant, and brand advocate throughout the sales cycle.
- Build trust, advise, and demonstrate the value of our products, our brand, and our business for prospective customers and Channel Partners.
- Enable Channel Partner deployment teams by supplying solution concepts, preliminary project plans, and technical insight.
- Act as situation liaison and local contact during sales and technical meetings between OTTO Motors and regional Channel Partners/customers.
- Commission OTTO self-driving vehicle systems at client facilities throughout the EU
- Communicating technical details and project statuses to customers and broader company leadership.
Example tasks you may own to fulfill these responsibilities include:
- Visiting potential customer sites and interacting with customers/end-users to understand their needs.
- Analyzing customer data to assess the business impacts and ROI that OTTO solutions can provide.
- Supporting regional Partners through key phases of OTTO system deployments
- Devising system/solution designs, for projects ranging from proof of concept to multi-million-dollar deployments
- Visiting existing OTTO deployments to identify expansion opportunities or improvement initiatives.
- Perform in-house, virtual, and in-field demonstrations of OTTO products.
- Engage in Product support scenarios to expedite resolutions and to sharpen your technical know-how.
- Identify training/knowledge gaps in individuals from Partners/Customers and deliver on the spot training sessions
- Diploma in technical field or degree in engineering, Mechatronics, Systems Engineering, Robotics, or a related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in Partner engineering, Sales Engineering, Technical Account Management or any other customer-facing engineering role
- Experience operating within multi-functional teams (product, engineering, sales and marketing)
- You are self-directing and can work independently while being on a global team
- Familiar with technical and business opportunities related to automated material movement found within automotive facilities, distribution centres, warehouse logistics, etc.
- Capable of identifying skills and resources required to complete advanced automation
- Hands on experience with electromechanical & software systems.
- Facilitation skills to drive discussions on solution definitions and work plans.
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to explain complex technical issues in an easy-to-understand way
- Fluent in English, German is an asset.
- Strong project management and presentation skills
- Must be legally entitled to work in UK at time of application.
- Able to travel within Europe/UK approx. 50% of the time.
- Experience working with autonomous vehicles for indoor industrial applications.
- Experience working with traditional industrial automation systems.
- Working knowledge in software, specifically Linux environments and/or Python.
- Working knowledge of TCP based networking concepts, protocols, infrastructure.
- Experience with facilitating group decision making.
- Understanding the various problems which face robotics adopters (technical and otherwise).
- Past experience delivering training seminars on technical subjects.
- Working knowledge of controls and aspects of mobile robotics such as perception, planning, navigation.
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.