Field Services Technician
Position: Field Services Technician
Location: Remote, USA
Experience: 3-5 Years of relevant experience
Education: Undergraduate degree or college diploma in a related field
Division: OTTO Motors
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
We believe in providing our clients with the specific solutions to their problems. We’re shipping large, complex industrial mobile robotics platforms that require a skilled integrator to troubleshoot, repair and maintain them in the field.
As a Field Services Technician, you will be responsible for troubleshooting and identifying issues in the field. Performing repairs and maintenance to systems as well as aiding in deployments and improvements to deployed systems. Your goal is to efficiently return customer systems to operation and minimize downtime experienced. There will be times where you'll need to be on-call to provide customer support, as needed.
You will receive support from the rest of the Clearpath production, engineering, and operations teams to ensure that your work is streamlined. You will also provide feedback to the team regarding cost and complexity as necessary.
- Support and repair existing customer deployments (requires traveling to customer location)
- Provide system integration, commissioning and start-up support (requires traveling to customer location)
- Audit systems to verify optimal functionality (hardware preventative maintenance, network audits, user interactions, etc.)
- Provide clear and concise feedback to internal teams to continually improve our products and focus our offerings.
- Review customer workflow, software and database systems
You want to work for a fast-paced growing company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with less than 100% effort. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. You look forward to traveling around the globe, expanding Clearpath and OTTO Motors’ robot domain.
You like the thought of working on projects that interact with the world, even more so when they can do so on their own. You're looking for a job where you get to interact with a diverse team and learn something new every day. You like tackling new problems and learning as you go. We can't promise it will always be interesting or relevant, but it will be new!
You are comfortable working remotely, interfacing with your company via web conferencing, phone, IM and e-mail communication.
You are a self-starter. You do not need to be micro-managed and are looking to be given goals and tasks that you will follow through to completion on your own while providing feedback and updates on status.
- Exceptional professionalism and client-facing skills (frequent interaction with customers required)
- Detail oriented, particularly with a mind towards written communication
- Software system integration and system debugging
- Linux (Ubuntu), C, C++, Python
- Computer networking and applicable industrial standards
- Electrical system debugging and repair
- Mechanical aptitude and experience working with your hands
- Detail oriented, excellent written and verbal communication
Bonus points for:
- Comptia, A+
- Comptia Network+
- Experience troubleshooting Networking and Wireless issues
- Experience working with complex linked systems
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.