Technical Deployment Specialist
Position: Technical Deployment Specialist
Experience: 3+ years
Education: Bachelors in relevant field
Division: OTTO Motors
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
The primary objective of the Technical Deployment Specialist (TDS) role is to act as the technical point of contact for a project during the deployment phase. Reporting to the Manager of the Project Management Office (PMO), the Technical Deployment Specialist works closely with the assigned Project Manager (PM) to ensure the technical deployment of a project goes as smoothly as possible. The Technical Deployment Specialist tracks and resolves technical issues and acts as Tier 1 support for both the Systems Engineer and the Project Manager assigned to the project. The Technical Deployment Specialist is the technical bridge/universal translator between the Project Manager and the OTTO Motors Engineering team.
Responsibilities of the Technical Deployment Specialist include:
- Supplement the project ‘voice of the customer’ at the technical level.
- Work with the Project Managers and Systems Engineers to plan and deploy projects after receiving a PO and leading up to and including a Site Acceptance Test.
- Gain a broad exposure to all aspects of the OTTO Motors technology and interact effectively with varied departments.
- Gain a working knowledge of the processes and workflows of the PMO and those of other OTTO Motors teams.
- Have a familiarity with and understand the principal functions of all information systems used at OTTO Motors: Epicor, Jira, Salesforce, Elastic/Kibana, Wiki, Google Suite, OTTO Motors Knowledge Base, Arena/PLM.
- Understand the basics of: AMR SW, AMR HW, Infrastructure (Fleet Manager SW, IT policies, Networking), Product capabilities/limitations, and best practices for all current and recent past products.
- Troubleshoot issues with any of the aforementioned topics quickly and effectively, escalating in a timely manner when an issue requires a solution from a SME.
- Assist with robot diagnostic data collection and primary triage for root cause analysis or escalation to Tier III or Tier IV support.
- Reduce the number of 'direct-to-engineering' escalations arising from on-site issues; this lets the developers focus on new features without getting distracted by minor issues.
- Collaborate with OTTO Motors Engineering to troubleshoot project issues.
- Pre-configure Fleet Manager OVA's (installation files) for deployment at customer sites and assist with issues arising during the installation process.
- Act as primary IT/network SME on active deployments and assigned upgrades.
- Keep track of the state of multiple project assignments at any given time, and maintain information records for each, from kickoff to handoff.
- Self-prioritize workloads, often when under multiple 'crisis' situations at customer sites.
- Communicate effectively with SMEs, other OTTO Motors employees (of varying levels of technical expertise) and with the customer.
- Translating high-level technical concepts into easy-to-understand terms.
- Prepare technical documentation about each deployment to facilitate the transition from the deployment phase to the support phase.
- Understand the product capabilities and limitations and explain the context of each to different parties, including internal to OTTO Motors.
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- Previous experience in a technical customer facing role
- College diploma in engineering or other technical field
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and analyze difficult issues
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced high mix low volume environment
- Ability to work unsupervised while still effectively achieving goals
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn new skills and tools
- Background or exposure to an industrial automation environment
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Technical writing/communication
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.