Robotics Web Developer Co-op
Position: Robotics Web Developer (Co-op)
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Education: Candidate for degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
Division: Clearpath Robotics Research Solutions
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About Clearpath Robotics Research Solutions
Clearpath Robotics’ research solutions group is a global leader in unmanned vehicle robotics for research and development and provides hardware, software, and services to enable self-driving vehicle development, deployment, and operation. Clearpath Robotics works with over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands in over 40 countries, serving markets that span mining, military, agriculture, aerospace, and academia. Visit Clearpath Robotics at www.clearpathrobotics.com.
About the Job:
As a Robotics Web Developer, you will create web applications that help engage potential customers during the sales process and that help reduce the load on the Sales team. Whereas every robot sale currently requires an email exchange with a member of the Sales team, you will develop a web application that allows potential customers to “Build & Price” our robots in real time, including a variety of optional features, similar to the way new cars can now be ordered online. We have a rough prototype of the application for our Dingo robot, but there is still a lot of work to improve the UI and to integrate the application with our business systems. As time permits, you will also generate a model of the customer-configured robot that can be used by the customer to begin simulation work.
- Work with the Engineering team to develop 3D models of the robots and optional components in a manner suitable for the web application
- Work with the Marketing and Sales teams to integrate the web application with existing business systems
- Work with the Marketing team to integrate the web application into our existing website
- Design the overall system so that we can maintain the Build & Price tools by adding new robots, adding new sensors, and updating prices
Skills and Experience:
- Candidate for degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Well-organized and detail oriented
Bonus points for:
- Experience with web applications that connect to existing business systems such as Salesforce and Pardot
- Experience with the use of 3D models in web applications, like threeJS or Unity
- Experience with Python, ROS, or Gazebo
- Having worked with a robot before
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863